Canon G1X will not turn ON and Lens is Locked Out!

last week at the Diamond Derby in Crystal City it happened...
it has happened to me before
but never did it happen to a new camera that has been treated so well
each other time it happened after some use and abuse
but this time it happened without warning

the Canon G1X locked up
when I went to shut it down it powered down but left the lens fully extended 
then refused to power back on

PISS-SHIT-FUCK!
Nearly new camera... 
TOTALLY PISSING ME OFF!

well...
before sending it back I took the camera into Pro Photo down on Penn Ave
I had the "pro" do what I did
perhaps it was her touch... or her understanding of the situation
no matter

when we swapped the after market battery for the Canon battery... each fully charged
the Canon battery brought the device back to life
the after market battery FAILED ME!
EPIC FAIL!

what a relief!